About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Some beach.....

......some where!!!


I had fun creating this card. 
BBTB2's challenge was to make something 'beach' inspired.

I think this one works well!!!!

Card deets:

Basic folded card stock base of a light blue.
Kraft card stock torn to mimic sand.
Used Suburbia cartridge to cut the woman silhouette image; once with black card stock and once with a patterned yellow DSP. 
I cut away most of the image to leave just a swimsuit to layer on top. 
I then cut out the chair and umbrella from Life's a Beach cart. and made them large enough to layer the woman onto them. It was very easy using my Gypsy. 
I had this clear stamp set that is for different types of flower petal, but to me they looked like surfboards.  After stamping them with black staz-on I colored them using my Bic markers.
Then sentiment is from another stamp set. 
Used a few dimensionals for some texture.

All in all....
I think it turned out quite brilliantly!!!!

Love it!!!

Until later, beach dwellers......Gotta split.....TFL!!!!!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This is a super cute beach scene. Love your bathing beauty. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

Sharon said...

Great beach scene!! Love how you made the bathing suit. And those surfboards are great! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Beach' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

Brenda said...

OMGosh I love this beach scene!! Your bathing beauty looks so great on the beach chair! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

Caroline said...

I love how you have the lady sitting in your beach chair. The sand looks realistic! Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Jayne said...

Fabulous card! Love the lounging lady. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
Jayne x

~JulieH~ said...

Oh how FABULOUS!! I agree it came out brilliantly and looks so 3D. Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
Juliex

shelly said...

super card! thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :)

moknowsall said...

Great card. I never would have thought to put those together. You bet I'll be copying it

Maureen

moknowsall said...

Great card. I never would have thought to put those together. You bet I'll be copying it

Maureen