About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Signs, signs, everywhere are signs......

Glad to get you in the singing mood this a.m.

Home decor has been in the fore front for me in the last few weeks.
Not sure if its spring coming or just tired of the old. 
Anywhoooo......  I've been super busy around here, adding and taking away items all over our house.  

The latest project is one that I finished just today.

I recently moved our dining room table from the kitchen into an existing front room that used to be my hubs office. Now that we are using our his and hers office it was bare.
So,  my einstein moment was to create a dining room....and I did!!!!
Woop woop!!!

We have had these copies of pics of when our little town of Roopville was starting up. 
 I framed them and hung them vertically but they needed something.  A pop of color
So I decided to create an old weathered sign of our town name to go along with the "old" pics.  

I went to my wood shop and found a piece of plywood that measured 6" x 21" ...perfect.
I sanded off the rough edges and painted it a base coat of my "pop" color....a coral color.
After it dried I sanded it to give it that weathered look. 
I used my Cricut Expression to create a stencil for the lettering with vinyl.  Folk Art Festival was the one I used.  Using the negative of the vinyl I placed it on the wood and stenciled it with black paint and a sponge. I used a corner punch and again using the negative,  I painted the corner medallions. Let it dry and sanded it again.  Then using a liner brush and watered down white paint.  I added some dimension to the lettering.  Added a hanger to the back and call it done. 

I think its beautiful and I got the pop of color that the room needed. 

Until later,  vintage friends.....Gotta split........TFL!!!!!!
Photobucket

No comments: