About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Grande.....anyone!!!

I found this planter at Family Dollar and thought that it would look 
great on top of the cabinet in our kitchen.
  
One thing was stopping me.....look at the design on the front. 
Not my cup of tea java....Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! 
 (Excuse the paint....I had already started 
painting it before I decided to take a picture.)

 This is after one coat of the accent color. 
 You can see in the very upper left of the pic that I have
potholders and towels in this same color.

I wanted to add a very quick design to it. So I used a sponge that I cut into a circle shape and simply dabbed the circles on using brown paint. Then I used the end of the paintbrush for the smaller dots of off white. A liner brush was used to make the wonky lines of paint.

In its place of honor in our kitchen. 

Just another simple accent piece that I thought was super cute and super easy.

Until later, grande guests.......Gotta split......TFL!!!!!!
Photobucket

No comments: