About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cocky peacock....

Now that I have your attention....
snappy title, huh???

I {heart} embossing folders. 
 I found this little gem at HL and thought I would give it a try.

This is the only one that I have that has the coordinating cutting die. 

When I get something new I typically grab a scrap piece of card stock and see what it looks like or how the tool handles. Then I throw it in a bin that I save for the grands to use for making cards.  They love going down to my studio to 'create' something with SUGAR.
But as you know their attention span isn't as long as their little fingers sometimes, so I keep throwing things in the bin and keep a supply of glue sticks in the bin as well.

But this one was different, as soon as I cut it out and embossed the frame I saw a card.

I grabbed a card base of grey linen printed cs and
 then just adhered the pieces down and stamped the sentiment.
  But it just wasn't 'screaming' {<-----sound a peacock makes} at me.

I remembered I had some black marabou feathers.
Isn't this card a 'scream'????

This card reminds me of my sister, in a good way.
Everything has to be 'cute or purdy' to hear her tell it....
Bwahahahahahahaahaha.
She's more of the buttons and bows kinda gal 
and I'm more contemporary.

Below is the set that I used.


Until later, penhens and peacocks......Gotta split......TFL!!!!!
Photobucket

No comments: