About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Great Crepe Capade

What could be better than........
Sweetened cream cheese rolled up in a feathery crepe smothered in a cherry sauce.

I had some left over Rainer Cherries that I was snacking on a few days ago and I didn't want them to go to waste.  So, I made a sauce out of them.  Then I was on a search for something to use it on.
The first thing that came to mind was a crepe.
I got busy in the kitchen.
I always have cream cheese in the fridge so the fillings was the easy part.  Pancakes are one of my specialties around here, just one step beyond that is a crepe.

Turned out pretty fab for something that was created to use a leftover (the cherries).

Yes, it tasted as good as it looked......creamy, sweet, and satisfying.

Crepe recipe:
1 egg
1 cup self rising flour
1-3/4 cup milk

 Heat a small fry pan, brushed with oil while mixing all the above thoroughly.  When well mixed and no lumps, pour a small amount of the mixture into middle of the pan and then twist and turn the pan to coat the bottom evenly.  Cook until slightly browned and then flip to cook the other side. 

You can use any filling you desire and any sauce to accompany it. 

My daughter ate hers with just butter and syrup.....LOL

Until later, sweeties.........Gotta split.......TFL!!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

Yum-mee!

Happy blogoversary :)