About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Friday, April 22, 2011

Recycle, recycle, recycle.....

What better day to recycle, than today..... It's EARTH DAY!!!!

I found these small framed letters at Hobby Lobby and they were 90% off.  Originally 12.99 each, so that means I pay a whopping 1.29 each.  I bought 3.....Love a bargain.
I knew I was going to create something for my studio.  My color scheme is turquoise blue, black and white.    

I had to find a way to cover the letters, (2 Q's and 1 U...LOL)


This is how I chose to do it.   I made a folded medallion and then I took a border punch and made some paper lace and then I punched out a scallop circle and added a silver button. 
Adhered them to the glass with a large glue dot.....!!!

Cool, huh????

I have yet to hang them, but I will this weekend.

Until later, my fellow earthlings......Gotta split......TFL!!!!!
Photobucket

No comments: