About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bring on the B-L-I-N-G !!!!

Hambo Hoedown has a blingy challenge....... they want you to bling up your creation any way you want.  The bling-ier the better. 
What better way to bring on the bling than to have a lightening bug shining their light on my card.

How cute is this image.....  I'm sure this is how most kids see lightening bugs.  They are full of wonder on how they get their tails to light up. Speaking of lightening bugs, that's what we call them here in the south.  Elsewhere they are called fireflies.  What ever you call them they are super fun to watch in the grass at night.
After coloring, I bling-ed mine up with some glitter and the stars got a little sprinkling of glitter too.  I had to draw the antennas back in after they were cut off, but you can see (and snag to put it in a glass jar) the image HERE on Hambo's site.  I used the MS fringe scissors to create the grass, (my new fave toy).

Until later, bug catchers.......Gotta split.....TFL!!!!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Karin said...

Holy cow! Love the gems...So super cute! Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown :)

Judy Rozema said...

I grew up in Iowa and Arizona and we called them lightning bugs too! ADORABLE card - such a cute little guy. He is one of my favorite Hambo images. So glad you could play in the Hoedown this week!