About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The stockings were hung.......

Notice that Booboo and Looloo already have stuff in theirs.  LOL Yes, they get goodies too. We usually get them a new toy, chewies and treats.
Since adding Looloo to our cast of characters; I had to make new stockings.  I made the previous ones years ago and finding that particular fabric would have been impossible.  It was just easier making new ones.  I used an old tablecloth that my sister gave me cause she knows I sew frequently and could possibly use it. It didn't fit any table we had here anyway. Had some remnants of christmas fabrics for the band and made a ruffle with some matching green on top of the band.  Besides it was the perfect opportunity to try using the heat transfer vinyl for the wording. 
I purchased my vinyl HERE.  It doesnt come with instructions, but I found a very useful instructional tutorial on Expressionsvinyl.com.  It was easier that I had imagined. Its different than the vinyl for walls.  You have to reverse the wording before cutting, but thats really just a push of the button....on the Expression or Gypsy.  I used the Storybook cartridge via my Gypsy.  I {heart} using the gypsy.  It makes sizing the items soooo much easier, just like Design Studio.  I knew I had a limited space to use and I made each name to fit the designated area. Oh, another note: when using any of the vinyl products you don't have to weld the pieces together. Which saves a step.....well, unless you really want to. 

I have the Design Studio also, but my laptop is upstairs in my office and my studio is downstairs. I didn't want my "trip" down the stairs to turn into a real TRIP.....Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! 

Until later, santa helpers......Gotta split......TFL!!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Stef H said...

you are just a barrel of talent! these are stunning! i'll be your "pet" and you can make me a stocking to hang on your mantel???? you can just put GLITTERBABE on it!!!!

hugs :)