About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Time for a change......

I wanted to re-do Jeff's office, since it is the first room whne you enter the front door.  It was primarily used as a catch-all and I was very unhappy.  Below you will see the process and why I haven't been on here lately.  I had to move everything from the room, rip up carpet, paint the room from ceiling to the floor, rent a floor sander, stain the floor,  poly-ed the floor......LOOOONG process. and then start the decorating......

Pictures are totally out of order but here goes........ The green chair was one that I had in our basement forever.  I just didn't have the heart to get rid of it.   So if you scroll down you will see the end result.....wait for it, wait for it.....LOL







PhotobucketThis little school desk is another little find of mine that I just had to have.....
The CHAIR.....yep I painted it.  Bwahahahahahahaha, as most of you know I will paint on anything that doesnt move.....and it didnt move fast enough......Bwahahahahahaha.  I used acrylic paint (since  I have loads of it) and I have used acrylics on t-shirts, so I figured why not?!?!?!?!?!


This is Booboo trying to help.....I had to physically move him to different spots to get the floor done.  This is a picture of Jeff office after......I like it!!!
This the finished floor......above.
This is the before ..... I unearthed this beautiful floor when I ripped up the carpet.  Our house is approx. 60 yrs old and I love the character this house has.......
  :)

Sorry the pics are so out of order, but blogger has been giving me fits lately.....

Until later, antique lovers...........Gotta split.......TFL


2 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

I love the little school desk. I've been looking for one of those for my daughter-she loves to play school.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Crystal I love the before and after pictures what an amazing job you have done it looks so clean and fresh and a very calming place to be I bet your hubby loves it....not as much as you though lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x