About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Monday, June 22, 2009

USA...USA...USA !!!

Did ya hear me chanting....!!!!! I love the USA!!! We usually go to the big parade in town on the 4th and when I see all the military guys, I get all teary eyed as they go by. Yeah, I'm a little sappy.... I was always taught growing up that there is always someone worse off than you are. No pity parties allowed at our house.....LOL. I think about all the military families that have lost someone and/or miss their family members that are deployed.
Ok, now to the challenge....nothing like our guys/gals military challenges. This is a fun challenge. Squigglefly's challenge today is something called 'out of the box' technique. You see the arm of the cat and his flag. The surrounding area is the part of the image that I cut away to allow him to wave his flag 'out of the box'. This can be applied to so many images. Click HERE to see what the other squigglies (DT members) have done.

Whoa...don't leave yet, there another challenge you really need to see, so unsaddle that stick pony and take a look below.

This is a challenge at Whimsy Stamps Challenge blog....HERE. You have to follow a recipe of sorts. The recipe is; 2 DSP's, 1 ribbon, and 3 brad, buttons or flowers. Isn't this little wannbe knight adorable. He's on his trusty steed and ready to rescue the damsel in distress......or maybe he's just trying to stall bedtime.... Bwahahahahahaha!!!! Anyhoo....I think he will be victorious!!!!!

Until later, USA Damsels......Gotta split......TFL !!!
BLOG SIG

16 comments:

Holly Young said...

Crystal, these are both so darling. I love the paper and the little heart and USA letters cut outs on the first one, and the second one is just such a cute image. Your coloring is great on both of these!

Denise Clark said...

Crystal, terrific, fun cards! And you... I love your sense of humor and the way you share yourself with us!

Jaspere said...

These are just fabulous. Love your coloring and the design is just wonderful.

Stef H said...

these are both fantastic. i wish i lived closer to you. i could really use a good lesson in coloring and you're the tops!

hugs,

Alex said...

These are both totally cute Crystal!!! I love the USA one - you know how I feel about that!!! And, your little knight is darling!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jacilynn said...

How cute! I love them both. Gorgeous.

speaking of parades, I was at one recently and SHOCKED at how many people don't know you are suppose to stand as the flag goes by. I'm from a small town, so all growing up we were taught to show respect.
Hugs

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

USA, USA, USA....I'm chanting too! I love the 4th and next to that Halloween - I can't wait to get started on those cards next LOL - Love your take on out of the box and as always your Whimsy are very sweet!! Stick pony hell I wants me a real one!!

Sara said...

Love your cards, especially the USA one-it's amazing!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Let's hear it for the Red, White & Blue. Awesome card, Crystal, and as always your coloring is fantastic. I'm so impressed with your shading ability!

Lisa F said...

So cute! Love your Whimsy card!

Teresa Kline said...

adorable cards, great work!
enjoy *~*

Unknown said...

I like both cards, although I'm partial to the patriotic one:)

Anonymous said...

Crystal, your cards are awesome!! I love the patriotic kitty card!! :) Love the image on the second card!! Wonderful inspiration!! TFS!

Cheri said...

Beautiful cards, Crystal! I love the coloring on your Whimsy card!

Debby said...

Crystal fabulous as always. Love your out of the box. Very clever.

bumblebee creations said...

Love your cards!! Super Duper! : )