About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Like, far out...man!!!

You won't believe all the new images that are on the Modern Sugar Blvd., and they are having a sale too!!! This is one of the new images, don't ya 'lava' it??? Bwahahahahahahaha. Very simple image but can be used in SO many ways... I clear embossed the glass part of the lamp and then added some glitter to some of the 'globs' floating around. The dsp looked so much like those 'globs' to me that I just had to use it. i used some velum and the sentiment is computer generated. So turn on the lamp so you can find your way to the MSBlvd. and check out all the groovy images. Some aren't as 'far out' as this one, some are just pure sweetness!!!!!
Until later, sugarettes.....Gotta split.....TFL !!!
BLOG SIG

7 comments:

~*Joni said...

Yes! I lava it! Your coloring and grooviness is such a wow with this image Crystal. I wouldn't have had a clue as to what to do with this but your card is sooooo hot! Let me tell you, you could use an image of a blade of grass and I would buy it just because you make everything look that good. ;)

Holly Young said...

Great coloring, and I lava the touch of glitter you added. You know the sentiment is right up my alley!

Stef H said...

I lava it! Boy does that bring back memories!!!!! Only my lamp wasn't as pretty. They didn't have glittery ones BACK THEN!!!! UGH!

Hugs,

Denise Clark said...

OMG! The 1970's memories! LOL Love this image! I need to use that on a card for hubby! Great card!

Lynn Mercurio said...

How very cool. I remember my first lava lamp...lol. I was so hip for having one. HAHA

You did a fantastic job bringing back some beloved memories.

Anonymous said...

That IS so far out man!! I love how you've colored this in and the groovy design!! :) AWESOME!!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Ok don't tell anyone but we have like 5 lava lamps. The boys use them as night lights growing up and my husband is an old "Dead Head" hippie wannabe and he still has one on the dresser that he lights up regularly!! When I saw this card I just knew I had to get the image to make him a card! LOL I love the DP it does look like globs in a lava lamp. Your work as always amazes me - U SO ROCK!!