About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sweet Angel.....


Wow...this was fun. I never made a monochromatic card before, and I think it turned out pretty fab; if I do say so myself. It was inspired from a blog and actually it two challenges in one, the first one was, again, to make it monochromatic and the second challenge (from another blog) was to use pearls. Well, I think I combined them both p r e t t y w e l l ....sorry hard to type with one hand the other hand was patting myself on the back...bwahahahahaha.
Card deets: I used the following items...
Tan cs, very vanilla cs, OOOLD wallpaper piece is behind the angel, and the angel itself is from a OOLLDD wallpaper border, victorian corner punch, MS butterfly punches, MS glitter on fold down corner, mini alpha stamps, and of course the stick-on pearls.

I have to tell you what happened yesterday....I was just finishing typing my blog entry when we had a storm to roll thru and before I could get the computer turned off a bolt of lightening and a clap of thunder at the same time (and you know that means is on top of you) hit and knocked out my computer and I saw sparks.... Shaved about a year off my life I tell ya..... I had just taken my hands off the keyboard, good thing 'cause no telling what would have happened if I hadn't. Well, it knocked out the phone line, DSL modem, my computer (which is now in shop...keeping my fingers crossed that its salvageable) so I'm using my daughters computer now. The phone line has since been repaired and the repair guy is letting me use a modem until our new one arrives so I will still be posting and trying to keep you up to date on all the action around here....
Snow is on the horizon for tomorrow, which I'm not sure will happen 'cause right now the sun is shining and its rather pleasant now.... we'll see.... TFL

3 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is fantastic, Crystal. This has always been one of my very favorite angle images, and you pulled it all together wonderfully. Love your monochromatic theme!

Unknown said...

OMG! I glad you are okay!! You are lucky that you can still use your daughter's computer. I love your card BTW:)

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Crystal! Sorry to hear about the thunder storm, how scary!!

Have a wonderful week,
Jennifer :)