About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Suh---weet!!!

This card almost made my teeth hurt. You know that feeling when you bite into a cupcake and all that icing is sitting in the roof of your mouth. Rich, rich, rich....enought to make your mouth turn inside out... LOL
Almost didnt post this one...it didnt turn out quite like I wanted it to. When the concept was in my head it was a gorgeous card, but after 'putting it down on paper' {so to speak......bwahahahahaha} it lost something in the translation.
Probably 'cause I was trying to hurry and get a card done, it was freezing cold in my studio, ya see; my studio is actually my basement and we keep it closed off most of the winter to save on the heat bill and I only turn the gas heater on when I'm working. So, today I decided not to turn it on and boy was I sorry....by the time I finished my card my hands were frozen so I was trying to hurry and I'm not happy with the finshed product. Tomorrow I will turn to heat on and get a lot more done and with better results. TFL

1 comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

I love this card, although I'm really partial to cupcakes! I can sympathize with your basement being cold. My studio is in my unfinished basement as well, and it's so cold that I actually cut the fingers out of some old gloves just to keep my hands warm while I'm working. Oh the things we do for the love of our craft...lol